Welcome to the Real Ideas Community!
At Real Ideas we are passionate about solving social problems. From breathing new life into old buildings, to supporting young people to develop the skills to succeed in an ever-changing world, Real Ideas innovates to deliver real and lasting social change.
By creating a change ecology – one where we influence policy, shape places, deliver strategic programmes and support and develop people – we can unlock potential and opportunities to create a fairer world; one that works for everyone, not just the privileged few. We are excited to welcome you to our community and looking forward to working together to make the world a little bit better!
What Real Ideas will do for you
We are really delighted you have chosen to join us. Your membership enables you to use our buildings, access our services and take part in experiences. As you are a dedicated member, you have open access to all our shared areas.
Of course, access to physical space is important and we hope you will use our co-working spaces, studios, labs, specialist facilities, meeting rooms and teaching spaces. However, the real value of membership is the community you become part of. We hope you will be an active participant, joining in with workshops, mentoring, consultancy and many other exciting creative activities.
The serious stuff – Billing and Cancellation
Once you have made the payment, you have entered into a minimum of 3-months’ agreement with Real Ideas. We want it to be easy, so you do not need to do anything once you have signed up and paid. The membership will be renewed automatically with no action required from you!
Once you have set up your initial payment, we will do the rest, each month on the same date we will receive the same amount. This part is automatic. You can change the date that this payment is taken by logging into the members portal (by selecting members login in the website menu). If you would like to cancel your recurring payment you can either manage this in the members portal or we can help. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 1 month in advance of cancelation and we will process this for you.
The technical bit
We use a recurring payment system through Stripe for debit and credit cards. They store all bank and card details, not us. All policies can be seen here.
We hope you do not want to leave us but if you do, you need to supply in writing, at least 1-months’ notice in advance to make sure the payment is cancelled correctly.
We do not usually give refunds, but in some circumstances, we may give credit notes. This will be reviewed on a case-by-case scenario – we are human too!
Sometimes at Real Ideas we will be excited to issue offers to new and/or existing customers. However, when we do this, offers are available on the discretion of Real Ideas and may not be open to everyone.
Real Ideas reserves the right to suspend, refuse or cancel your membership at any time without notice or explanation. We really hope we never have to do this and will only consider it as a last resort in the case of entirely unreasonable behavior that contravenes the permitted use policy Real Ideas sets to protect its members, places, spaces, and experiences.
We also reserve the right to refuse access to anyone or any company with outstanding debt.
Use of shared and co-working spaces
Whatever your reason for using our spaces, we want everyone to enjoy their time with us, so we’ve put together some ideas about how to work together. Please be a great co-worker, so other members can get the most out of their experiences. Our culture is to share, not just the space but also our community, so we hope you are happy to be one of us!
- Please do not act in a way that we perceive as hateful or that may make others uncomfortable. Conversations you would hear in a pub may not be considered ok by us in a close-knit community
- Racism and sexism are not acceptable.
- Please do not discriminate against anyone on the grounds of the following characteristics- age, sexual orientation, marital status or civil partnership, religion or belief, disability, pregnancy/maternity, or gender reassignment
- Please keep your noise to a respectable level, so as not to disturb other people working
- You are responsible for the language and conduct of your team and guests
- Please help keep the space tidy, do not leave mugs etc. on your workstation when you leave.
- Please be careful of hot or smelly food in the shared spaces. This includes meeting rooms where other people would inherit your smells!
- Please take care using the kitchen equipment and cutlery. Coffee machines/kettles can be a hazard if not used with care.
- No cooking equipment on the premises of any type without prior agreement. In particular, no toasters as these cause many fire alarms to go off!
- The kitchens are for today’s food, not storage. Please be aware we may bin anything out of date, uncovered or abandoned
- Cancelling booking rooms must take place 24hrs before your booking or you may incur the agreed cost.
- If you need to have a confidential conversation or are using confidential files, remember that other people may be able to hear or see you!
- We welcome you using our spaces for creative activities but please make sure you clear up after yourselves
Our dedicated spaces give you access to our secure lockable workspaces. We have a choice of studios, offices, and mixed dedicated desk spaces. The following points address the expected behavior, rights, and permissions as part of the permitted use of a dedicated space as a member of Real Ideas Organisation.
Dedicated Member Obligations
- Please refer to ‘Coworking’ for membership culture and permitted use.
- Where security measures are in place these processes must be followed. Maintaining a secure / locked space when vacant / not in use.
- ‘Dedicated’ members are responsible for their Business Rates and therefore, when applicable can apply for Business Rates Relief. More advice and support about this can be accessed via your business support allocation
- ‘Dedicated’ memberships run on a minimum of 3 months membership commitment; please refer to ‘notices’ for exit and remuneration.
- Prices where stated are inclusive of VAT.
As a Dedicated member you agree to the following statements:
- The Dedicated space will be kept clear of rubbish.
- Not to use the property other than for permitted use.
- Not to make any alteration or addition whatsoever to the property.
- Not to display any advertisement, signboards, nameplate, inscription, flag, banner, placecard, poster, signs, or notices at the Dedicated space or elsewhere in the building without communication to the Real Ideas spaces team.
- Not to do or permit to be done on the Dedicated space anything which is illegal or which may be or become a nuisance, (whether actionable or not) damage, annoyance, inconvenience or disturbance to Real Ideas Organisation or to members or occupiers of the Building or any owner or occupant of neighboring property.
- Not to obstruct the Common Parts, make them dirty or disorderly or leave any rubbish on them.
- Not to apply for any planning permission in respect of the Dedicated space.
- To see any rules, policies, and regulations that Real Ideas Organisation makes and notifies to the Members from time to time governing the Members use of the Property and the Common Parts and the Building.
- To leave the Property in a clean and tidy condition and to remove the Members furniture equipment and goods from the Property at the end of the Membership Period.
- It is the ‘Dedicated’ members responsibility to notify the Facilities team of any damage or issues within their space. Failure to do so may incur charges.
- Any changes in membership rates will be communicated with the membership with a minimum of 30 days’ notice (1 Month)
- Termination of a Dedicated membership: A ‘Dedicated’ member must notify Real Ideas Organisation in writing of termination of membership, detailing dates, and requirements of this termination.
- Notice must be provided on not less than one calendar month.
It is in the interest of the member to seek information about Liability Insurance if they or others are using the Dedicated space for commercial activity. Some activity is covered under the Real Ideas Liability Insurance cover. More information can be requested here. email@example.com
- Please look after your stuff. Real Ideas will take every effort to make our spaces safe, but we cannot watch your things
- You may not leave belongings on any workstation to reserve it
- Please make sure you do not leave your property unattended or overnight at the premises
- Remember that any property brought onto the premises or left in a vehicle is at your own risk
- If you are unlucky and your individual property is lost or damaged (we hope not), no responsibility is accepted by Real Ideas
Be sensible, there may be alcohol in our spaces but please make sure you are not intoxicated. Please do not take any illegal drugs. Smoking and vapes are not allowed inside.
Health & Safety
- Please take care of your own health and safety as much as possible, as well as of other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions.
- As a member you have a duty to co-operate with Real Ideas in following any duty or requirement concerning health and safety.
- In particular, the individual must acquaint themselves with all the health, safety and fire rules and procedures in force on any sites where they are working.
Using your membership
- You must not allow any other person to use your account to access our services
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account details
- You agree not to impersonate any other person whilst using our services. You also agree not to conduct yourself in an offensive, unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, immoral, or harmful manner whilst using our services
- You may not use our membership for illegal purposes or in any way that may harm our name or reputation
- We reserve the right to restrict entry to our buildings. This does not affect any bills due to you and no refund will be made
How to contact us
If you have any queries or if something has gone wrong, please email firstname.lastname@example.org